Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taming Raw Energy!

Life changed at the Bennett house Thursday night when Christian (little) turned his ankle and heard a pop! When our neighbor carried him home...I had no idea my life would be over for at least the next two weeks. That sounds whiney and I hate whiney, but you are not here!

Friday we spent all day at doctors offices and x-rays only to end up with a boot and crutches (little calls them crunches). It was all fun and games for the next thirty minutes as he told everyone he had crunches. Then we got home and reality set in, actually it hit him upside the head. What do you mean I have to relax? Sit in a chair? Watch TV? Play video games? Read a book? It was at that moment I realized, he doesn't do those things. At least not very long or for not more than 30 minutes at a time. A trip to Toys R Us to buy new video games...really helped for another 30 minutes.

I am not a scientist or an engineer, if I were perhaps I would know how to tame raw energy. I really need that particular skill. Right now we are just trying to get through every second, minute and hour. Don't get me wrong we are not miserable. He doesn't hurt. The problem is he wants to take the boot off. His arms are tired of the crunches. He doesn't want to watch to TV. He doesn't want to play video games...he's done that. He wants to go outside. He needs fresh air. He wants to go to his friends house. He wants to do anything except sit and relax.
Like I said, how do you tame raw energy. How do you pin a cloud down? How do you keep looking in those sad baby blues? How do you do this for two weeks?

I know these next few weeks will be...trying. In 19 years of children we have been so blessed. We have never had any broken bones. Our children have never been really sick. Thank you God! Thank you for always taking care of my family. Thank you for the blessings You continually pour out on us. We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment